Building Teams and Leaders
Create a better, stronger and more successful team.
Our programs utilize the power of the horse to generate opportunities for significant, tangible change in individual and team performance, cooperation, communication, and leadership.
Curious about what horses can teach you about communication?
- Experience an innovative approach to overcoming team challenges and developing emotionally intelligent teams and work groups.
- Experience authentic unbiased feedback and clearly outlined steps to enhance and improve leadership skills while you learn about emotional regulation, stress reduction, assertiveness and managing personal boundaries and improving communication skills.
Most group programs will include three aspects:
- Pre-site visit consultation, on the phone or in person
- Event with the horses at our ranch.
- Post-site visit consultation, on the phone or in person
You can customize it further by selecting:
- Multi-day retreat packages
- Ongoing group consulting and development
Who can benefit from Equine Assisted Learning?
Among the many groups who utilize EAL are:
- Business teams
- Non-profit organizations
- Boards of directors
- Corporate groups who are merging
- Educators, administrators, teachers and student affairs professionals
- Individuals such as entrepreneurs desiring individualized, focused attention for a specific challenge
What are the benefits of Equine Assisted Learning?
- A visceral, tactile understanding, beyond intellectual awareness
- An opportunity to identify patterns and re-examine their usefulness
- A safe environment to try out new behaviors and receive instant feedback
Skills development in the areas of human relations and organizational systems is a critical part of maintaining effective group functioning. This is true in families, businesses and other organizations. In an organizational or educational setting, horses and the lifestyle that goes along with maintaining horses, provide opportunities to teach critical life and communication skills. Horses mostly use non-vocal communication and thus are wonderful teachers to help us better understand and learn how our non-verbal communication might be impacting or influencing others in our lives. Horses also demand that we are aware of our surroundings at all times. Emotional and physical safety are equally important aspects of and highly functional and healthy systems. When working in equine assisted services and to ensure such safety we have to listen to each other and to the horses. In the work of Equine Assisted Learning (EAL) we have to stay focused and attentive. The care and engagement with horses takes dedication, time, and effort. People observe and learn a strong work ethic and partnering relationships that frequently and effectively transition back into their daily lives. Additionally, people gain self-esteem and self-confidence while learning how to work with such a large and powerful creature. In all, horses provide us with a way to see our internal emotional landscape and expose our reactive modes of operation, (Emotional Intelligence). Through the challenges inherent in EAL services people gain an enhanced awareness of themselves and an appreciation for others, both critical elements to support an enhanced development of intra and inter-personal skills, along with general gains in their emotional intelligence.